A few years ago we were broke university students. Living in a place of Eastern Europe nobody knows - Lithuania. Fast forward a few years, we’re founders of AdKings Agency. An industry-leading boutique eCommerce growth agency responsible for one of the fastest-growing US eCommerce brands and taking it from $0.5M to $26M in a single year without any external funding. Now we’re working on helping to grow and scale a dozen other eCommerce businesses to 8 or 9-figures. Managing over $18M in paid media ad spend a year and delving deep into sophisticated eCommerce exits, investments, and acquisitions world. Our world is intense, crazy, ever-changing, and challenging. This podcast is simple. Every week we, Darius, and Justin are going to open up our & our agency lives. We’re going to share behind the scenes insights about what makes our clients' businesses grow at the speed they are growing. We’re going to share our best-learned marketing methods, channel insights, and growth hacks that took us millions of dollars to figure out. And we’re going to open up insights from our client's business development strategies from operations management to raising capital that supported this growth. Nothing held back to help you transform your business into an 8 or even 9-figure powerhouse. Are you ready to click play? - Darius Kunca & Justin Gecevicius 👉 We're releasing new episodes every Monday, Wednesday & occasionally Friday.
Friday Feb 19, 2021
Friday Feb 19, 2021
On this episode of the Built to Scale eCommerce Show, both Darius and Justin are here to chat together. Even though they talk every day, it’s rare for them to join one another on the podcast. They are taking this opportunity to reflect on the last year and discuss performance findings, business breakthroughs, and the highs and lows of the year.
On this episode:
- [1:15] The growth their business experienced this past year.
- [2:14] Why many eCommerce businesses struggled with growth last year.
- [4:25] Why fulfillment is always discussed in initial meetings with their clients.
- [6:50] The value of team culture and how they maintain a positive team culture.
- [12:34] The varying types of ad managers and their strengths.
- [14:45] How standard operating procedures (SOPs) support performance.
- [16:15] Implementing planning systems and other highlights from last year.
- [21:26] The challenges that they had in 2020 and what they learned.
- [24:42] What is being done differently in 2021?
- [28:07] The secret to the success of their performance team.
- [30:37] What happened when Darius and Justin started wearing too many hats at once.
- [31:30] What they are putting more effort into this year and why.
- [33:21] The qualities they now look for in their new hires.
- [33:58] What are some issues that can come up when clients monitor their ads?
- [37:55] Why they want to focus on operations and self-sustainable business practices.
- [39:39] Creating a next-level team experience by treating the team like clients.
- [41:35] Why they implemented an ongoing recruitment process.
- [45:02] Reflecting on last year and how they plan to make changes going forward.
- [46:33] The theme of 2020 and how they are using past struggles to their advantage.
Apply for a Discovery Call With Us:
➤ www.adkings.agency/intro - Want us personally to help to grow your eCommerce business to 8 or even 9-figures? Then check out our Boutique eCommerce Specialized Facebook Ads & Omni-channel Funnels Growth Agency - AdKings.
Our Other Resources:
www.adkings.agency/memos - Exclusive AdKings Memos Newsletter. Our best case studies, real test results, and bi-weekly actionable insights on what is working RIGHT NOW for our clients in their journey to 8 & 9-figures. Curated for business owners, CEO's, CMO's and delivered straight to your inbox. Must join if you love our content on the podcast!
www.adkings.agency/community - Free eCommerce Community With 2000+ Members. Would love to chat, ask us some questions, or maybe even help us decide the next podcast topic? Join our free Facebook community of over 2000+ other eCom Entrepreneurs, CEO's, CMO's, and marketers.
www.adkings.agency/careers - Are you living and breathing everything marketing & FB advertising? Extremely ambitious in driving tremendous results, love challenges, and want to help manage a portfolio of 7 & 8-figure eCommerce clients? Apply now.